Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Miracle butt in that Diaper Cover





It always makes me a little sad to see my littlest one growing up. I'm so blessed to have her and she makes us LAUGH all of the time. She is a true comedian and knows it. She is 1 1/2 now and is a doll! But I love to look back at pictures of her when she was little little. You can read a bit of her story here. When she was born I began to make things for her, whether it be sewing something, or spending hours learning to knit just to make her tiny leg warmers, or crocheting a diaper cover that didn't fit her when I made it, and I thought it would never fit her.
Well, she has blossomed quite a bit, and besides the pictures to follow,she never was able to fit into that diaper cover past these pictures.
I thought I would share this project on it's own since it makes me smile every time I see them :-)


I wasn't able to use a pattern because she was only 6 or 7 pounds at 5 months old so it made it very difficult to make the right size. I know it seems like it would make sense to do 0-3 months, but she wasn't quite built like a brand new baby at that stage either. So I just tried a few sizes, unraveled some yarn, added some stitches....and here is what I ended up with.


Still too big, but made that little but look adorable!


She was so upset about doing this photo
 shoot that I  was thankful that she had found her thumb and fallen asleep!




So I know that I'm a little partial, but isn't she cute??
Today she is a thriving little munchkin...
Ok...So that's just WRONG ;-)!


Thanks for stopping by! Would love for you to follow!!

Linking up to:

3 comments:

  1. Your diaper cover is adorable! I found you through Craftomaniac. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! LOve the pic in the wig! Yay! A sense of humor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. found you over at The Turquoise Piano and really enjoyed your post. Crazy, daring, BOLD girl, you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews