Saturday, February 11, 2012

Updates.....

Share it Please

Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm so excited to have just finished a very special piece but unfortunately I have to wait to post about it. It's a surprise and I don't want to spill the beans :-(! But I'll be posting about it soon, so stay posted!! It's worth the wait! Another thing I finished today (because I am a very bad sister) is the 2 remaining chairs to the dining room set my brother bought from me a couple of few months ago! I work much better under pressure. Never tell me to take my time! Since it's our birthday Monday I thought I would surprise him with them. Not really a birthday present, but it will make him happy. You can see the dining room set transformation here. And this is the before and after
This was before I painted the chairs black




Now he will have a "complete" set! Better late then never, right? 

I also wanted to give an update on my counter tops. It's been just over a month since I painted the with Annie Sloan Chalk paint and good news....they are holding up great! I have had a few scares when it's come to water. When water sits on them for an amount of time you get the pretty white rings or spots, but thank God, when they dry it disappears! I try to make sure that they stay dry for the most part, but it's nice to know that if water does sit on them, it will be ok. I'm not sure if I am more careful knowing that they are painted (probably a little) but we USE them! I would definitely recommend this if you can't afford new counter tops or could just use an updated color. Of course there is no comparison to granite or even new counters, but they do look beautiful and they are holding up great and it cost under $100, so you can't beat that!  


This week I am going to be super busy doing the decorations for the baby shower next weekend and I'll be using some of those Pinterest inspirations! I'll keep ya posted! 

Thanks for stopping by and if you not already one of my wonderful readers, I would love for you to stay! 
Also, please take a minute to follow me on Linky Followers. Thanks!!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. The chairs look great. The kitchen looks great too. You are a very crafty lady. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking amazing - love the kitchen especially

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new chairs, they look great. And your kitchen is gorgeous!
    Can't wait to look around your blog more :)

    Coley @
    whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews