Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Guest Post: Hear The Bell's

Share it Please

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great St. Paddy's Day! Today I am thrilled to  introduce a wonderful blogger that I recently came across who loves to craft and comes up with the greatest stuff for her home and her kids! I love kids birthday parties, really any party!  I love the themes, I love the decor, and I LOVE birthday cake {who doesn't?}. I love to get knew ideas for them. So with that being said, Jonnique  from Hear The Bells'  has some wonderful tutorials and I'm so excited for her to share them over here! Her little girl is turning 1 and what she thought up is so creative! Here's Jonnique...

Hello to the followers and visitors of Jill's lovely blog! My name is Jonnique and I began blogging at Hear The Bells' in 2008 when I became pregnant with my first child. Overtime I eventually moved on from just blogging about my babies. I now usually blog about recipes, fashion, crafts, Jesus, and of course my family. Here is face to go along with my name


Jill kindly invited me over to share one of my tutorials, so here it goes:

 Party Mode Part I: Homemade Tiered Cupcake Stand

One thing I can say about myself is that I love to plan ahead and love to plan my kids birthday parties!!! In 2 months my Baby Girl will be turning the big 1! I can't believe how time has flown by and I know the next couple of months will too. I wanted to start planning ahead by doing a thing or 2 or 3 each week before the party. My goal is to have all my crafts done the week of the party so that I can just enjoy the big occasion and not be stressed out. 


One of the most important things of a 1st birthday is the 1st bite of cake the baby takes. I want to do cupcakes for the party. I realized that I need something to display them on. I got inspired by this blog and made my own Tiered Cupcake Stand!

This is my tutorial for my Homemade Tiered Cupcake Stand: 

#1.  I found boxes that would stack proportionally and that will leave space around the edges for the cupcakes.





#2. I wrapped the boxes in coordinating colors for the party.



# 3. I decorated  the boxes with recycled ribbon and black foam paper(from The Dollar Store).




#4. I added a couple props to go along with the 1st Birthday theme...can you guess what the theme of the party will be?



Now just imagine it with cupcakes!!


1st thing down for the party and 7 weeks to go! Come back next week to see the next project I have done for the BIG party!!! If your not a follower, follow me along this party journey!!! 


 Thank you Jonnique for sharing this with us today! It is just adorable! I know what I'll be doing this summer for my kids birthdays! Jonnique has some amazing stuff so make sure to head over to  Hear The Bells' and look around and show her some love!!

p.s. she also has a great linky party for recipes Taste This Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews