Friday, May 18, 2012

It's Just Life

Share it Please
Have you ever been sitting around wondering what you are going to be posting about that day? You have a project all ready to start, but you know that you won't have enough of it finished to really make for a great post.  Well, that is what happened to me the other day......
I decided that it was time to start on one of the rooms in our new home, and so I was going to paint the bathroom. It's a small bathroom, which is why I chose it. I had a quart of white paint that I was going to use for the ceiling, and a few colors to choose from for the walls. Right before I got ready to start, my husband said he wanted to get things together to donate. We don't have as much storage here, and things are just all over the place, waiting to find a home (within our home). So instead of piling everything in the basement, we decided to just de~clutter. In this time, the little one awoke from her nap, and wanted to help. At almost 2, everything {of course} is a toy! Even a quart of paint! As I stood there answering a quick email from my phone, I see out of the corner of my eye....hear a little "wheeee"......and then....NO!
paint spill
hmmm, somehow in my oh $*** moment....I knew that now, I had something to post about. My son asked, "why are you taking a picture?" and I said, "cause I'm gonna blog about it! Just don't tell your dad." Haha, he would have though I was crazy for actually stopping to take pictures. Really when it was all said and done, I wasn't sure if I was more upset about the paint on the carpet, or that now I didn't have paint for the ceiling. I knew the paint would shampoo up (which it did completely) but now the bathroom still isn't painted. The most annoying part was, while I shampooed, my daughter kept repeating, MA-MEEE, and showing me what happened. Gotta love the little moments, right?

Yesterday, that sweet little thing that made me so frustrated the day before, was under the weather. She woke up from her afternoon nap with a fever of 103 and slept {looking so sad} on the couch for the rest of the evening. My husband took care of her most of the night, and my shift came about 3:30 am. Unfortunately, it didn't end until 8:30 this morning. We snuggled, played, snacked, watched Barney & Bridesmaids (ok, I needed a little entertainment at that time of the night too) and today she is as good as new.
ellie sick
fever
temp
IMAG00792
IMAG00872
Have a great weekend! Hopefully I'll get the bathroom done!!

1 comment:

  1. Jill I am so sorry you had one of those moments, I have been there many times, I am glad that the baby is feeling better, I dont like when they get fevers and are just miserable. Have a great weekend! and I hope you are able to paint the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews