Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tea for Drew....

Please click here to vote for me!
 

Today is my daughters birthday and she turned 6! I can't believe it! I just want her to stay little forever {without the little fits ;)}. She really is such a special little girl and we had a great day! A friend of mine surprised us by showing up this morning to take us swimming with her kids. My kids and hers have been best friends for a long time, so Drew was very excited! She got to have an ice cream twix for breakfast, popcicles for lunch, a meltdown for an afternoon snack...oh, that was a meltdown from all of the sugar during her afternoon snack haha, and cupcakes tonight! She was in sweet heaven! The other day we had a little photo shoot, which she just LOVES to do, and I wanted to share some of the pictures with you....











Last night my husband put together a little slideshow of her, playing our favorite song to sing to her, Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. She used to get so mad when she was little because instead of singing  "So, I will dance with Cinderella...." I would sing, "So, I will dance with Drew Abella..." (her middle name is Isabella) and she HATED that! So she sits down to watch the slideshow with us and gets this big smile on her face and then says, "it's like I died and we are looking at pictures of me!" HAHA, I could NOT believe she said that! Talk about kids saying the darndest things!
For her party this year, she has decided that she wants to have a tea party.

With father's day, we decided to have the party this weekend. I am so excited about some of the inspiration I have found...of course on Pinterest
{source}
I LOVE making those little paper roses! Here you can find out how!
{source}

{source}

{souce}
It should be such a fun party!

I have been so busy with great projects lately! As soon as the party is over this weekend, I'll be getting caught up with my posts! Also, I mentioned that I would be starting a series, and I promise, the next post is on it's way. It has been on my mind a lot this week! But, along with the time crunch of the party, I had a bit of 'slap in the face' by the person I least expected...which had my spirits down for a couple of days. So, if your dying to know the drama of my life, and ya know you are...I won't disappoint!

Pin It!


 

5 comments:

  1. That is going to be a very cute party, Cant wait until Jayda is old enough to have a tea party! She is so cute, I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is such a beautiful little girl! i love the idea of having a tea party for a bday party. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your sweet little girl! Love the party idea...my sister's wedding reception was a tea party and it was so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a little model! I'm loving the teacup rings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics! What adorable rings, too!

    Found you via a giveaway and am happily following. I really like the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your opinions!

Total Pageviews